Our server is now closed. However, old friends could still leave a brief message time to time Smile

Jaynie
Thank you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Our server is now closed. However, old friends could still leave a brief message time to time Smile

Jaynie
Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello out there

+5
Galador
Roncsy
Greenghost
Jaynie
aeryk
9 posters

Go down

Hello out there Empty Hello out there

Post  aeryk 12/12/13, 11:04 pm

Hey everyone. Guess I remember my old password Smile

Anyone else miss the hell out of this place? I have a ridiculous amount of memories from here, probably because we all spent a ridiculous amount of time here. I just took a look at that visiting-in-2012 forum and I remember every damn one of you. Who's here?

I wish my job hadn't gotten so busy, but I've started a company that exploded. There's no small part of me that envies the years I spent half-employed and blowing down raids and BGs with you guys, though. What we had was more than just a game; it was a culture, an environment, really a world (dur... of Warcraft) for all of us to have our own special piece of. Mother Jen, father Julian... thank you once again for giving so much to us all. I would say hello to everyone else but the list is so, so long... gods. Sero, Silkki & Sametti, Clear, Pishy, Sparkz, Tarraka, Thar, Obliterator, Ordi, Fang, Yeshiro, Ron, Aoi, Greenghost, Dann, Shen... hello!

Wish I could have found one of those old vids too, but I guess those are like memories of an old love... ephemeral and indelible at the same time. Hope you're all well, and if anyone else remembers the "sap and rez" moment, I hope you bust a gut.

-Aeryk
aeryk
aeryk
Bug Tracker
Bug Tracker

Back to top Go down

Hello out there Empty Re: Hello out there

Post  Jaynie 15/12/13, 02:47 am

Omg it's AERYK!!! It's really nice to hear from you again Smile
I definitely think about everyone time to time... strangely I had this thought that I would check the forums today and I was surprised with your post - I think we had connection aeryk  Surprised 

When it's winter, WoW creeps my mind (probably because we started this server in the winter) and I wish that we all had loads of free time to enjoy something together again but now I'm more busier than ever! But who knows.. maybe we'll play something together in the future Smile

And our vids are still there somewhere.. I'll post it when I find it. And here's one that fang made!

Jaynie
Jaynie
Sys-Op
Sys-Op

https://vewow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenghost 15/12/13, 08:47 am

Nice too see you back aeryk!!! Smile

Remember this Very HappyUltimate Fight

One day we will all come back for rematch Very Happy

Greenghost
Greenghost
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Roncsy 15/12/13, 09:13 am

*fangirl alert* OMG Aeryk is actually alive! I remember we were doing arenas and such on Empire-WoW (Verus Era 2.0) during the middle of December about 2-3 or however many years ago and then you just disappeared from Skype and from everywhere! I'm glad to see that things are going great for you Smile

I remember looking back at myself all these years ago, spending countless hours playing on VE
and all the fun I had on this server and thinking back to all those small little things that
made our community as unique as it was - including smaller rivalries going on between arena
teams, Bogdan vs Fang (and the world Razz), trying to play fair by sitting during BGs if we had
odd numbers on either side, dueling outside Shattrath, the troublesome ZAs we sometimes had and the countless Karazhan runs we did for our alts and such :)I won't forget that lucky moment where my Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether procced when I died in arena, reviving me and winning a game for me and Fang... that was just pure gold Wink

I played on Retail during Cata and a bit of MoP but I never had as much fun as on VE. Heroic PvE
progression is fun and all, but when you raid with a bunch of people who care about nothing but
gear and itemlevel, things become less fun leading to guild disbands and server transfers to fill the roster.
I haven't played for about a year now because I'm just too fixated on my education (which is for
the better I guess Very Happy), occasionally playing League, Hearthstone, Tetris or some Chess... although I'm a bit eager to try out Wildstar once it comes out, if I have the time to play.

It has been a pleasure being part of this community and I can certainly say that I have matured
a lot into the right direction through playing WoW during these past 6 years. I have became more confident and my time with you guys made me feel more confident both online and IRL, which is the reason I gained some decent leadership skills. Thank you very much for Jaynie, Jules and every staff member providing this service for as long as they did, as well as all the players that I played with.

I'll never forget the thrill that I felt when I'd get counter spelled on cast and worry for 7 full seconds that Fang would just get shatter combo'd for a million damage... but these times are gone and who knows, we might meet again in another game, even if we only play for a few hours/week Smile

It's been fun!
Roland (Roncsy)
PS: My signatures that I made ages ago kind of make me cringe now :\ heh  Smile
Roncsy
Roncsy
Coolio
Coolio

Back to top Go down

Post  Galador 15/12/13, 09:34 am

Damn it was was fun while it lasted, i miss the little comunity that we had going on the VE. I wish you all the best guys, Aeryk i still owe you some money man since the days i was a troubled young man =). Hope to hear from you untill then i send hugs from Romania. This server was very special to me and if it would come alive again i would gladly re-engage TBC. It's all emotional and *!@$, i'm glad to see everyone is doing well. Take care guys
Galador
Galador

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaynie 15/12/13, 06:10 pm

Haha roncsy I still like the cheesy signatures you have Very Happy
And yes I still sometimes dream of running Kara or something because I'm resurrecting people in my dream xD
Did you guys hear about that new game with blizzard heroes? Heroes of the storm or something like that, could be interesting to play from time to time (hopefully not too addictive!)

Clear yeah not sure if TBC is still being run by Trinity core, I haven't checked there in ages!

And yea this server was only fun because of all you folks! I love you Ohh those days where GMs were greeting new players, getting stuck people out, and yeah my personal favourite was running that PVP event, I think aeryk won. 
Jaynie
Jaynie
Sys-Op
Sys-Op

Back to top Go down

Post  Roncsy 15/12/13, 11:53 pm

That PvP event was just amazing... I remember being on Skype with Lbestian, Hruk, Ewan, Curt, Chandes and some other people for the entirety of the event - it was so much fun cheering for and against each other Smile I clearly remember us screaming "Use Recklessness!" to Ewan when he was about to lose to Julian in the quarter finals. I'm not sure what the outcome was, but that PvP event was one of the greatest things I've experienced on a private server :)it brought the community together and it was kind of like meeting for a barbecue outside Gurubashi Arena except we would also duel to death for some mounts and titles Laughing

And about Heroes of the Storm - looks like a cool game to pass time for some lulz :)Hearthstone should become Open Beta soon which is an easy to learn card game, but sometimes you can lose badly because of bad luck :\ that comes with every card game though.

*rant off*
Roncsy
Roncsy
Coolio
Coolio

Back to top Go down

Post  FanG 16/12/13, 03:08 am

Ah its the time of year the forum comes alive, me and vengeance were jus talking about VE yesterday comparing it to Retail, this was so much better, the friendships the rivalries, jayne & julian i miss our conversations. ron i miss flipping out with you when we were going to fight aeryk in so arena team, VE was my 1st real experience of this incredible game, and after this server closed WoW was jus a game, this server and the people on it were the ones that made it incredible,

P.S. i miss my roncsy
miss fighting aeryk too

FanG

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenghost 16/12/13, 07:00 am

WOW fang o.O

yeah VE was one of a kind, after our transfer to ALPHA i tryed to play a bit, it lasted for a week...havent played since, just wasnt the same without the old crew, expecialy bad ass paladin roncsy or alliance toughest fang Smile

I remember my arena, me and julian vs tija & hruk, lasted about 20min, ill allways remember that Very Happy
(PS: we won Razz)

Greenghost
Greenghost
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sero 16/12/13, 05:15 pm

Somehow I felt that something strange is going on here.
HEY GUSY!!
Sero
Sero
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sero 17/12/13, 01:04 pm

Been playing on blizzlike 1.12.1 1x server for a while.
Sorry for stealing your name Aeryk, guess I miss you.
Hello out there Wowscr11
Sero
Sero
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaynie 17/12/13, 02:00 pm

haha it's aeryk now in rogue form! Wow blizzlike 1.12.1 that's before burning crusade right? I see the people asking for RFD on the chat!  Laughing 

Greenghost did you carve your name on to that piece of wood? xD
Jaynie
Jaynie
Sys-Op
Sys-Op

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenghost 17/12/13, 04:00 pm

Yap, my precious Very Happy carved, burned and sanded Smile
Greenghost
Greenghost
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Julian 19/12/13, 12:50 am

Hello old friends. Its been a long time and I miss you guys. I hope everyone is doing well (not spending too much time on gaming  Very Happy) and getting real life things done as well.

This server was definitely some of the best times that ive had on-line thus far, simply because of the great crew.
Julian
Julian
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FanG 30/04/14, 04:47 am

been a while since anyone replied, and i know its late in the year but happy new year alll, hope everyone had and is having a good one, call me girly but i just missed old times today, u guys too.

FanG

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaynie 17/05/14, 02:58 pm

Ohhhhh fang! Nice to see you here Smile
Yeah girly or not, I'm sure everyone thinks about each other. Especially when WoW comes up on the screen or something xD
Jaynie
Jaynie
Sys-Op
Sys-Op

Back to top Go down

Hello out there Empty Despise and ordi on a nostalgia trip.

Post  Lightwell 30/05/14, 05:52 pm

Hello fellow pvp junkies! my buddie Ordi showed me this post, And i instantly tried to get on my forum account to respond without succes.
so we logged into hes! and i just want to say the best days of my wow experiance was here on Verus and i salute thee who endured my temprament and arrogance, but damn we had a good time here on verus. that awesome community we had! :)Miss it a ton and if any of you ever plan on starting a new server count me in to a 100% so sick of Mop and cata n all that shit! so once again thank you to all of you on Verus for the Epic times and ofc to the GMs who put up with our shit druing the days XD and ofc Jaynie for beeing an awesome Admin! three cheers! Hurray Hurray Huarry! and that all from us and the one the only ^^ naaah just kidding Razz

cant forget the chess event where we whould gather the "pew pew crew" and just try to kill as many as we could before jaynie teleported us away into the twisting nether xD fun times fun times, its the little things man its the little things

// Despise and Ordi

Lightwell
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaynie 12/06/14, 01:39 pm

Oh my it's been a while Despise and Ordi!
I hope all things are going well with you guys. Man you cleared cata too? I haven't been gaming much after our server closed down. What is Mop? haha. Ya, definitely fun times! Our server was one of the best for sure... we kept a great community. Too bad this game takes up soooo much of our time. Who knows... maybe when I'm 65 and retired.. I'll start this community again. So stay tuned... another 40 or so years! haha  Twisted Evil 
Jaynie
Jaynie
Sys-Op
Sys-Op

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenghost 11/07/14, 03:52 pm

2 mages LF Healer and tank for heroic dungeon.

Signed: Dominica & GreenGhost

Hello out there Img_2010
Greenghost
Greenghost
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: