Our server is now closed. However, old friends could still leave a brief message time to time Smile

Jaynie
Thank you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Our server is now closed. However, old friends could still leave a brief message time to time Smile

Jaynie
Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WOW freezing, constantly

+6
aeryk
Kozar
truck
Deadly
Leuke
Julian
10 posters

Go down

WOW freezing, constantly Empty WOW freezing, constantly

Post  Julian 29/04/10, 07:44 pm

Game freezing can be very annoying.

Found some potential solutions on this site here, you may wana try and give me feedback if it works or not.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=2647287760&sid=1

Please reply with solutions if u find any.
Julian
Julian
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

WOW freezing, constantly Empty Re: WOW freezing, constantly

Post  Leuke 29/04/10, 08:04 pm

Thanks Julian,
I'll scour that post for some fixes. And, like you know I already posted about this (like minutes after you Wink ) on the GM forums... but I'll copy it here so that we can get a good debate and collectively find some solutions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think we made a lot of progress in figuring out this problem today... and I think it would be good to make a thread listing what we know about the problem.

I will be describing what I dub "Hard Freezes" meaning they require a restart of the game and a ctrl-alt-delete to remove the frozen Wow.exe. These occur primarily in Karazhan for many different players.

Here's what I've gathered from being a chronic sufferer...

1. Freezes occur at all times, not just in boss fights or in combat. Usually they do occur when engaging or disengaging enemies, during a high intensity combat moment (meaning more than 1 enemy being engaged), or scripted times and events (boss speaking, summoning, etc)

2. Freezes occur independently of in-game graphical settings. I froze after setting all effects as low as possible and turning off all glows etc. There may be a question as far as the frequency or intensity of freezing. But, none of the settings eliminated the problem.

3. Freezes occur on many different systems, various 3d cards, various computer types... IE: I have an Nvidia card, Zyzo has an ATI, both of us freeze... often at the same time. One commonality that Jaynie established is that all of our systems are NEW, indicating a possible connection regarding how our machines handle either memory management or something of the sort while communicating to the server in emulation. Jeru, another chronic sufferer, has noted that the freezes often occur IMMEDIATELY after his system reaches 500megs of RAM being used. All of us have 2gb+ DDR2-3 RAM.

4. Freezes occur in Karazhan but not with similar conditions and the same bosses outside of the instance. Jaynie tested this by having us fight the Curator in STV instead of Karazhan. No one froze. When we fought it again inside, 3 or so people froze during the fight.

5. Freezes occur in groups of 2 or more. This is the confusing part... because the freezes occur to 2 or 3 of the players in the raid at the exact same time, indicating some commonality.

6. Freezes occur independently of what is indicated on the core logs. Jaynie witnessed several of these freezes and noted that nothing seemed unusual from the core log. This seems to indicate that it is not a purely server issue but rather a combination issue between server and what I'll call "vulnerable" PCs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So feel free to add to this list guys, and lets start combing through that post and others to find a solution that works. I warn you though, it probably won't be an identical problem to something someone on retail is facing because of the emulated trinity core.

Thanks!
Leuke
Leuke
Leuke
Master Wordsmith
Master Wordsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadly 29/04/10, 10:43 pm

Thanks for making a thread about this issue, I'l be glad to assist you in your work to come up with a solution of some sort to this, that is totally interrupting and spoiling both the pve experience aswell as the PvP, making the pvp even more unbareable for some of us.

/Zyzo

'

Deadly
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post  Leuke 29/04/10, 11:04 pm

So it occurs for you in PVP? I only have momentary (like loading type) moments in PVP which are recoverable after a few seconds and don't recur after a little combat.

Also, some additional thoughts since the last post since reading that forum thread and some others:

We all have 64-bit systems and yet WoW runs in 32-bit... perhaps a possible compatibility issue? Are all of those affected running new 64-bit systems with Windows 7 and the like?
Leuke
Leuke
Master Wordsmith
Master Wordsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadly 30/04/10, 06:25 am

Even if it's only momentarly If you loose so much as 2-3seconds it could mean difference between a win or a loose.

I dont think it has something to do with having either of the two types, that would be a major failure from blizzard's part, I dont think something so obvious could cause this but I could be wrong :/

Hopefully you guys are able to run some more testings today, and I would be glad to attend to it

Deadly
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post  Leuke 30/04/10, 12:48 pm

Well, I think it wouldn't be blizzard so much as the Trinity coders that would be responsible in any case. Perhaps we need to search for the problem on a Trinity message board or something.
Leuke
Leuke
Master Wordsmith
Master Wordsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  truck 30/04/10, 01:57 pm

I only encounter freezing in Kara, in two spots in particular. The first is the library after the Curator, always at some point in traversing it on the way to Illhoof I will freeze at least once. The second (and less frequent) is when fighting the shade of Aran, or whatever Medivh's dad is named. Other instances of freezing for me have been so minor that they haven't been as much of an issue.

I have a pretty good rig (as leuke can attest), so if this is less freezing than you all experience yourselves then I think it might have something to do with inconsistencies in server messages to our graphics cards. I have always just assumed that in those two areas a combination of the mobs spell effects, and certain spell effects from other people in the raid may have done it. No idea if my input is helpful at all, but might as well let you guys know.

The other possibility is that there's a Imp in a Ball in the system somewhere...
truck
truck
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Leuke 30/04/10, 05:28 pm

That's actually really helpful to know, because I know your computer is another Windows 7, 64-Bit system with oodles of RAM and such. There's definitely a correlation between a newer/faster computer and these freezes. Thanks for the info. Let's keep it coming!
Leuke
Leuke
Master Wordsmith
Master Wordsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  Kozar 01/05/10, 08:33 am

Leuke wrote:That's actually really helpful to know, because I know your computer is another Windows 7, 64-Bit system with oodles of RAM and such. There's definitely a correlation between a newer/faster computer and these freezes. Thanks for the info. Let's keep it coming!
Considering that there might be this kind of correlation, has anyone tried to reproduce these freezes while running wow in compatibility mode for XP? Might be worth a shot. (right-click shortcut, properties, compatibility mode)
Kozar
Kozar
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadly 02/05/10, 05:28 pm

I'l try it out tomorrow in kara

/Zyzo

Deadly
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post  aeryk 02/05/10, 08:29 pm

Be patient; thanks to this detailed bug report (and to Jaynie) we feel we're close to finding a solution! (hopefully)
aeryk
aeryk
Bug Tracker
Bug Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeru 03/05/10, 07:44 am

also the places where it happends to me are everytime i go kara the same.

1. curator
2. aran

sometimes in the trash between these two but at least 2 freezes in a run and these are at curator&aran.

system:

windows 7 64bit, Core2Duo 8500, 4gb ram, nvidia 285gtx 2gb ram

Jeru
Wanderer
Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaynie 03/05/10, 10:51 am

Increased network user outbuffer (amount of memory reserved per each connection)
Tested with a couple players last night. Still froze. Let us know if you notice any slight improvements.
Jaynie
Jaynie
Sys-Op
Sys-Op

https://vewow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenghost 04/05/10, 12:20 pm

hmmmmm as i remember Freezing atlest for me started last year after one of Jay update, don't remember quite which one or what time was, but am 101% sure i didn't have freeazing before that...

/GreenGhost
Greenghost
Greenghost
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Leuke 04/05/10, 12:58 pm

Actually, that's a great point Greenghost. I too remember this occurring only after an update, and I believe that was one either earlier this year or last last year. I guess we should consider that possibility as well.
Leuke
Leuke
Master Wordsmith
Master Wordsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenghost 04/05/10, 02:02 pm

Yeah, i think it started about november-december...about that time...should check that staff...
Greenghost
Greenghost
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaynie 04/05/10, 02:30 pm

I suspected that as well and I have checked through all the changelogs and found some changes to the momvement packets. Will conduct one change tonight and test. Thanks for that greenghost.
Jaynie
Jaynie
Sys-Op
Sys-Op

https://vewow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenghost 04/05/10, 05:09 pm

hehe glad i could help make VE even better Smile))
Greenghost
Greenghost
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Back to top Go down

Post  AznQJai 05/05/10, 04:09 pm

Smile hehe i was invovled in the gm testing with jay =) ohhhh also have another error that has been occuring actually more frequently to myself, i'm not sure if this has been happening to any of the other players but i've had an issue with the mail system and it constnaly freezing my game and then 5-10 mins later an error message would pop up and my game with crash.

I've tried different solution s for it for example clearing cache, resetting the game, taking out all addons,etc but none of them resolved my issue.

This is getting really consistant so jay or some of the GM's please take a look.

It only happens when i check my mail on my mage i haven't had it occur on any of my other chars

AznQJai
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenghost 05/05/10, 04:28 pm

AznQJai wrote:Smile hehe i was invovled in the gm testing with jay =) ohhhh also have another error that has been occuring actually more frequently to myself, i'm not sure if this has been happening to any of the other players but i've had an issue with the mail system and it constnaly freezing my game and then 5-10 mins later an error message would pop up and my game with crash.

I've tried different solution s for it for example clearing cache, resetting the game, taking out all addons,etc but none of them resolved my issue.

This is getting really consistant so jay or some of the GM's please take a look.

It only happens when i check my mail on my mage i haven't had it occur on any of my other chars

The solution to ur problem is simple, reinstal ur computer, and yes am serious...had same prob while ago, tryed reinstaling game, didn't work, after that i reinstaled computer work like a charm..Wink
Greenghost
Greenghost
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Back to top Go down

Post  AznQJai 05/05/10, 04:38 pm

i need a less annoying suggestion i dunt feel like backing up 50+ anime videos and movies and all that other crap so much work hehe

AznQJai
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Back to top Go down

Post  aeryk 05/05/10, 08:06 pm

Note: we ran part of ZA today with nobody freezing. So either the fixes are working or it's Karazhan in specific that is jamming up people's transmissions.
aeryk
aeryk
Bug Tracker
Bug Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post  Leuke 05/05/10, 11:11 pm

Huzzah! I'll have to test it out since I'm a frequent freezer... I doubt I'll be able to know for SURE till tomorrow... but that's really promising news!
Leuke
Leuke
Master Wordsmith
Master Wordsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadly 06/05/10, 11:06 am

yupyup 2 bosses and some quick trash mobs along the way in ZA.

0 Freeze's, I myself forgot to change to the fresh copy (without any modifications) of wow, so i had a couple of heavy addons running and stil no freezes...

Could be a fluke, guess il have to rerun ZA soon to test it out once again and more deeper inside the instance, by the glimps of it it looks good as for ZA is concerned.

/Zyzo

Deadly
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenghost 11/05/10, 03:30 pm

Today i tryed to do ShadowLab with my ALT *shadowshamy 66lvl, and got over 20x Crash game (Game has crashed due lack of memory to perform command), i log on ma main *mage, everything is good, i log back on shamy freeze and crash... and it was rly annoying...

When the raid was done and ppl teleported back to shatrah, and i stayed alone in ShadowLab, game was working perfect, over 70fmps not a drop of lag.

I noticed freezes and lags keep appearing only when in group with someone bg, arena or raid, like some charachter don't stack up Very Happy

Hope u r closer to solution and that this might help...

/GreenGhost
Greenghost
Greenghost
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum