Our server is now closed. However, old friends could still leave a brief message time to time Smile

Jaynie
Thank you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Our server is now closed. However, old friends could still leave a brief message time to time Smile

Jaynie
Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which realm will you play on?

+12
Iroh
Alderman
anjanj
Aaryen
Dann
Galador
Sero
grr
Leuke
gogo
prateek
Jaynie
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which realm will you play on after the launch of WOTLK realm?

Which realm will you play on? I_vote_lcap58%Which realm will you play on? I_vote_rcap 58% 
[ 19 ]
Which realm will you play on? I_vote_lcap33%Which realm will you play on? I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 11 ]
Which realm will you play on? I_vote_lcap9%Which realm will you play on? I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
Which realm will you play on? I_vote_lcap0%Which realm will you play on? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 33

Poll closed

Which realm will you play on? Empty Which realm will you play on?

Post  Jaynie 18/01/10, 04:56 pm

We would like to have a head count of where players want to play. Please select the best answer. You can cancel your vote to recast a different answer. Voting is open for 5 days only.

Oh yeah tell your friends and foes in-game so that we can get more votes in. Thanks!
Jaynie
Jaynie
Sys-Op
Sys-Op

https://vewow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Which realm will you play on? Empty Re: Which realm will you play on?

Post  prateek 18/01/10, 06:06 pm

me and and all the cafe players will definately play WOTLK, thats why we've been stacking up on pala's and mages Razz half of us though, including me, will join in april cause of board exams............. dam Mad
prateek
prateek
Epic Writer
Epic Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  gogo 19/01/10, 02:24 am

Wtolk realm will be full of Palas & Dks Razz
PVP and PVE just suck in wtolk. scratch
Divided population between the 2 realms will suck too Razz

Last edited by gogo on 19/01/10, 04:06 am; edited 1 time in total
gogo
gogo
Coolio
Coolio

Back to top Go down

Post  Leuke 19/01/10, 03:06 am

Truck, Erythe, and I deicded a while back that we would gladly advance on to Lich King as soon as it's open. We're excited about new adventures in a new land. And I can speak for them and say that we hope that all of our VE friends will join us there when we switch over too!
Leuke
Leuke
Master Wordsmith
Master Wordsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  grr 19/01/10, 05:50 am

I'm ready... this WotLK iso's just sitting on my desktop begging to be installed.
grr
grr

http://www.myspace.com/brianalmon2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sero 19/01/10, 09:37 am

Meh, I won't even install WotLK at all.. never xD.
Sero
Sero
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Galador 19/01/10, 11:09 am

You will find me on tbc:)
Galador
Galador

Back to top Go down

Post  Dann 19/01/10, 07:58 pm

ur coming with me clear.
Dann
Dann
Epic Writer
Epic Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaryen 20/01/10, 12:59 am

i am having the Dual Wield Ability Twisted Evil

so i will be on both realm

king
Aaryen
Aaryen
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Back to top Go down

Post  anjanj 20/01/10, 02:04 am

will prefer wotlk just wana chek out the dps of arcane mage....just waiting for the realm to come...

anjanj
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaynie 20/01/10, 10:05 am

3 days left to vote, please vote if you haven't. BUMP!
Jaynie
Jaynie
Sys-Op
Sys-Op

Back to top Go down

Post  Alderman 20/01/10, 12:31 pm

I know that I'm new here, but I think I should point out several issues.

1: I agree with the fact that based on the current player base, two servers isn't such a great idea.
2: Personally I came to this server, because of the TBC, Burning Crusade shows a lot of improvement if you compare it to Classic WoW(1.12). I think most/many players come here, because of the well scripted instances that you can't find anywhere else.
3: If you introduce WOLTK to Verus Era, you will have a loss of players, many people play TBC because WOTLK ruined both the PvP as the PvE aspect, basically you can gear up to full epic in two weeks of intense gaming.
4: The "creators" of Verus Era have put a lot of work in making this one the best TBC servers out there, if they have to do this again, with content spreading over the entire map, so many new aspects, even to make it a half decent server, it will take lots and lots of time.
5: If you make this server WOTLK, you will have to compete with the other 9999999.... WOTLK servers out there. This will make it ten times harder to gain a bigger playerbase and the server will also lose its uniqueness.
6: This server is 2.5x XP rates, making it fairly hard for most players to even get their character to 70, once they have achieved that, they "bond" with that char. If you setup a new server, based on my limited knowledge you will need to start over again from scratch and you believe it or not, it takes a long time to level from 70-80. Basically what this means is, that if you change server, people will leave because they aren't up to the task of having to start over again.
7: I don't know if Sunwell has been released/cleared yet, but if not, maybe you should let players reach end-game content before even thinking of setting up a new server, cutting the 1k population in half.
8: This is more of a tip, but what many people do to make a server more popular, is making videos and also making a downloader for 2.4.3, including the realmlist, etc...
This makes the population so much bigger over a period of a few months, that you might be able to split it up.
9: Based on the number of GameMasters, I don't think setting up two servers will help the players, I can remember when I was head-admin on a server once where we made a 2nd server, and "splitting" yourself in half isn't as easy you'd think. What I'm trying to say is, the chance of a server to survive is better if you can focus on one realm.
10: I noticed that the entire server has around 1100 members, not bad, I must admit, but even having a population of 2000-2500 isn't enough to make the second server as popular as the first one. 20% of these signed members have never even logged in. What is comes down to is that by setting up a second server, you are giving yourself twice the work, for a community that isn't large enough(YET!) to support it.
11: WOTLK is shit, you get bored after two weeks, many people said like "Can't wait to test out Arcane Damage, can't wait to have two-two handed weapons, once you did that for a week, you are done.
That's the way WOTLK was created, why do you think Cataclysm was created right after WOTLK came out?
12: This is based on my notes on 11; Cataclysm is coming out somewhere this summer, we all know it has a lot of "cool" aspects, but all of us also know that it will ultimately destroy WoW, many players will drop out and look back on the PreTBC and TBC days, and start looking for servers, and look! What server offers those things....Verus Era
Ps: p12 is purely hypothetical, but many people think in the same way so don't flame it please.

Base your choices on upon what I said, not what you "think/assume" might be awesome.
Alderman
Alderman
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post  Iroh 20/01/10, 01:21 pm

I can only agree with the previous post...well said
Iroh
Iroh
Epic Writer
Epic Writer

https://www.youtube.com/user/NightDragon1990

Back to top Go down

Post  Sero 20/01/10, 01:50 pm

Alderman is damn right. Screw WotLK Razz.

EDIT: For pony... errr.. TBC VE!*
Sero
Sero
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Back to top Go down

Post  prateek 20/01/10, 05:14 pm

This guy does make alota sense, our server was created when most of the other servers were switching to WOTLK, if we do have to change, doing so when we finish sunwell isnt such a bad idea, though we dont get much raiding done, we can kick ass when we try, so maybe it isnt such a bad idea jumping to cataclysm, however what ever jay and juli decide to do, we are player and we will play on this server.

another thing i want to discuss is unlocking the Brutal Gear cause even with it locked and while having the potential to breeze through Gruul and SSC, this is a PvP server, and BG takes up a major part of the day.

having full brutal is hardly an advantage, just like having full merciless makes no diffrence, but atleast it is easier to grind and you have some fun doing it instead of farming for hours and hours killing mobs u cant even engage in a verbal fight with (and by verbal fight i mean the way i start abusing when the horde wont sit in bg Evil or Very Mad )
prateek
prateek
Epic Writer
Epic Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  prateek 20/01/10, 05:28 pm

plus everyone knows how bugged wotlk is
prateek
prateek
Epic Writer
Epic Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaynie 20/01/10, 09:26 pm

I understand the valid points made although I have to put out some of my own.

3: If you introduce WOLTK to Verus Era, you will have a loss of players, many people play TBC because WOTLK ruined both the PvP as the PvE aspect, basically you can gear up to full epic in two weeks of intense gaming.

Yeah, this could be true if you were an existing player. I'm not sure if new WOW players would fall into this "loss of players" category though. Btw, we are holding both realms just fyi.

4: The "creators" of Verus Era have put a lot of work in making this one the best TBC servers out there, if they have to do this again, with content spreading over the entire map, so many new aspects, even to make it a half decent server, it will take lots and lots of time.
5: If you make this server WOTLK, you will have to compete with the other 9999999.... WOTLK servers out there. This will make it ten times harder to gain a bigger playerbase and the server will also lose its uniqueness.
7: I don't know if Sunwell has been released/cleared yet, but if not, maybe you should let players reach end-game content before even thinking of setting up a new server, cutting the 1k population in half.
10: I noticed that the entire server has around 1100 members, not bad, I must admit, but even having a population of 2000-2500 isn't enough to make the second server as popular as the first one. 20% of these signed members have never even logged in. What is comes down to is that by setting up a second server, you are giving yourself twice the work, for a community that isn't large enough(YET!) to support it.
12: This is based on my notes on 11; Cataclysm is coming out somewhere this summer, we all know it has a lot of "cool" aspects, but all of us also know that it will ultimately destroy WoW, many players will drop out and look back on the PreTBC and TBC days, and start looking for servers, and look! What server offers those things....Verus Era
Ps: p12 is purely hypothetical, but many people think in the same way so don't flame it please.

There are a couple reasons why we decided to launch WOTLK realm. One is that there was a final release for 3.1.3 patch - meaning it is the latest one (for 3.1.3 anyway) with acceptable numbers of working scripts/instances/items etc and great stability. That being said, there are no more core and database support on the TBC 2.4.3 anymore.

Here's another point. If you are a player coming from pre-tbc and all the way to WOTLK, you have the knowledge to compare different patches. For new players, it's unlikely to do so. Hence, we are targetting a limited number of players (large but yes limited) to come play on TBC. We felt that it was best to open a WOTLK so that players who prefer it can play on it.

Speaking of patches, here's another reason. If I was a WOTLK player, obtaining a TBC game is inconvenient. Previously we were able to repair the game and downgrade it to 2.0.0 but now it downgrades to 3.0.0, so unless you have the full games.. it's difficult to obtain it. So if I was a WOTLK player, I'd say screw it and just play WOTLK servers.

Unless World of Warcraft stops giving out new patches, we will have to at some point move forward. Because new stuff is always interesting, but we wanted things to be stable and working - which now is a good time.

My last point is that we have been trying to obtain new players. And with just over a years work, there wasn't a huge increase in the population. I could say it was a bit of poor timing, maybe poor advertising but it did bring some great players on here. However, I would like to try to obtain players by having both realms available.

6: This server is 2.5x XP rates, making it fairly hard for most players to even get their character to 70, once they have achieved that, they "bond" with that char. If you setup a new server, based on my limited knowledge you will need to start over again from scratch and you believe it or not, it takes a long time to level from 70-80. Basically what this means is, that if you change server, people will leave because they aren't up to the task of having to start over again.
The new realm will have copied characters from TBC, so you are not starting again. Although xp rates will be 1x on WOTLK.

8: This is more of a tip, but what many people do to make a server more popular, is making videos and also making a downloader for 2.4.3, including the realmlist, etc...This makes the population so much bigger over a period of a few months, that you might be able to split it up.

It's a great idea which I've always been longing to do for but I've just been caught up doing other things and never got down to it. If anyone wants to give it a shot I'd be more than happy to help out any way I can.

9: Based on the number of GameMasters, I don't think setting up two servers will help the players, I can remember when I was head-admin on a server once where we made a 2nd server, and "splitting" yourself in half isn't as easy you'd think. What I'm trying to say is, the chance of a server to survive is better if you can focus on one realm.

This is why I put this post in the first place. So if there were alot of players seeking TBC, I'd have to figure out how we will manage it. We will still launch both realms, but if things get tough on my end I'd have to look into a different Admin.

11: WOTLK is shit, you get bored after two weeks, many people said like "Can't wait to test out Arcane Damage, can't wait to have two-two handed weapons, once you did that for a week, you are done.
That's the way WOTLK was created, why do you think Cataclysm was created right after WOTLK came out?
I personally think they made it to have more profit.. not primarily because of the negative response of WOTLK.
Jaynie
Jaynie
Sys-Op
Sys-Op

Back to top Go down

Post  prateek 21/01/10, 12:02 pm

like i said we are players we will play, this server is our home we'll never leave.

i look forward to finally killing aeryks lock 1v1 on WOTlk cheers , YAY for me !!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. even if i still cant, pls let me kill you aer Smile
prateek
prateek
Epic Writer
Epic Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Iroh 21/01/10, 12:29 pm

Haha! do you think? shamans are good in wotlk yes.... but with warlock i killed even hunters so eeasyyy Very Happy and y'know i'm always destro Razz morphing is cool too as i heard ... demolock gonna cleave your butt like saurfang could never do! What a Face
Iroh
Iroh
Epic Writer
Epic Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  prateek 21/01/10, 01:18 pm

who said iam gona play shammy ??? its time to cross over to the dark side and play Death Knight, and where the hell are you iroh ??? nver see you online
prateek
prateek
Epic Writer
Epic Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Iroh 21/01/10, 01:33 pm

Heh you need to have a lvl55 character to roll a DK
Me? i had couple OS reinstall so i don't have WoW and i don't think so i want to play anymore...I don't have the time and mood for it but still around Razz
Iroh
Iroh
Epic Writer
Epic Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  aeryk 21/01/10, 08:01 pm

I'm in favor of staying on BC. I feel like we're at a turning point in our raid progression and we'll soon be bashing down the door of SSC. As for opening up S4 gear, as the post on arena policies said: once we knock out the first boss at T6 level (in other words, Rage in Hyjal) we'll do it. I'd love to be there.

It's a huge shame that Trinity is no longer offering support for 2.4.3. To be honest with the community here, that is a factor in the decision. A large outpouring from 2.4.3 lovers would be a real encouragement to stay on this version. The real problem is that when Trinity coders don't fix things themselves, (1) some things exist that CANNOT be fixed, and (2) a lot of the things that CAN be fixed take an immense amount of time and knowledge that we just don't have.

I know, some people just can't wait to see how their huge numbers absolutely rule and their class suddenly got overpowered in WOTLK, but 2.4.3 IS the better version of the game. It's more balanced in pvp and more challenging in pve. Nobody cares if you have epic gear in WOTLK--everyone has them.

My final vote is still for BC.
aeryk
aeryk
Bug Tracker
Bug Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sero 22/01/10, 08:55 am

Sero
Sero
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Back to top Go down

Post  gu6tera123 22/01/10, 10:10 am

Havent read the comments before but:
WOTLK SUX bounce Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
I hate and i always will hate that fuckin shitty fail of blizzard - the way they treated the pala is so sick making him OP he becomes such a bitchy char.And its not only that .There r many many many craps that ruin the World of Warcraft.
But there is one more thing - in the other hand many many many new players will come - with good advertising and so (ill call some buddies to come they r on wotlk right now and they will probably join).After they get borred of WOTLK which cant be avoided they might try TBC as another option Wink. Hope this will happen!
PS:Dont do the char transfer pls or half the population from TBC will move to WOTLK Sad
gu6tera123
gu6tera123
Coolio
Coolio

Back to top Go down

Post  Leuke 23/01/10, 03:10 am

One quick comment: People get SO angry that WotLK allows casual gamers a lot better gear etc... but I think that's wonderful... I have no intention of going back to raiding 8 hours a day when there's sun and life and music outside passing me by... I did that in Molten Core/BWL/AQ/Naxx days and I swore that I would NEVER do it again, everrrrrrrr...

So yeah, please dont misunderstand me... I loveeee raiding, as in the 2-3hour raids, etc... but you guys that want your pretty little purples in exchange for SIGNIFICANT portions of your life and well-being, why? And don't talk about the good old days of 8 hour raids being fun either, because trust me... it was mostly just buffing and waiting and waiting and waiting, and buffing again, and trash after trash pull and ARG... GOOD RIDDANCE.

So, I do NOT see the casual gaming orientation as a problem... I call out anyone who is so utterly epic and leet to take a good look at yourself and ask, are you playing the game or is the game playing you? And, when the day comes when Julian and Jay pull the plug on our little world, will you cry for loss of those epics or for loss of friends and experiences?
For me, WotLK is new experiences, new worlds, new adventures! I can't wait... bring it on baby! VE forever!
Leuke
Leuke
Master Wordsmith
Master Wordsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next